South of of Bedford station in 2001
Midland Mainline HST south of Bedford on at Millbrook in 2001
Thamslink EMU over the Bedford bypass bridge south of Bedford in 2001.
Thameslink EMU near the Bedford bypass bridge south of Bedford in 2001, with a new buildings being built.
EW&S class 60017 at the same place south of Bedford on a train of tank wagons
Thameslink EMU south of Bedford in 2001, with new buildings being built a long side the railway.
Bedford Midland station opened in 1859. In 1894 fast lines that bypassed the station were opened. The Midland railway ran the trains till the grouping when the LMS took control.
From 1948 British Railways ran the trains around Bedford till Privatisation of the railways when Midland Main line and Thamslink and Siverlink took over the running of the trains. From the 1st April 2006, First Capital Connect has been operating the the Thamslink trains between London, Brighton and Bedford till late 2014
There was a second Bedford station which was called Bedford St Johns this was on the line from Oxford to Cambridge. Trains from Bedford to Bretchley still used this station after the Bedford to Cambridge part of the line closed.
Bedford St johns station was closed and the trains were moved to the new Bedford Midland station.