' GWR tanks in 2008'
GWR 0-6-0ST no.813 GWR 2-6-2T no.5164
GWR 2-6-2T 5542 GWR 2-6-2T no.4566
GWR 0-6-0ST no.813 at Highley railway station in 2008
This Great Western 0-6-0ST is number 817 which was built by Hudswell Clarke of Leeds in 1900 for the Port Talbot Railway and Docks Company with the number 555. Then in 1908 the GWR took over the Port Talbot Railway and Docks Company and Swindon over the next few years changed it and made it look more like a GWR locomotive. In 1923 it was given the GWR number 813.
In 1934 it was sold to the Backworth Colliery and again it was renumbered, this time to number 12. In 1947 It was again renumbered by the NCB in 1950 to number 11.
The 813 Preservation fund bought this locomotive in 1967, and then moved it to the SVR.
GWR class 5101 large Prairie 2-6-2T no.5164
5164 is GWR class 5101 large Prairie 2-6-2T which was built in 1930 at Highley in 2008
Highley village is in Shropshire and is near to the River Severn. The railway station is to the south-east of Highley.
GWR class 5101 2-6-2T number 5164 and 0-6-0ST number 813 at the Severn Valley Railways Kiderminster station on the same day in 2008.
5542 and 4566 in 2008
GWR 2-6-2T no. 5542 and 4566 at the Severn Valley Railway coming into Arley station in 2008.
GWR 2-6-2T no. 5542 and 4566 in Arley station in 2008 waiting for the off.
GWR 2-6-2T no.4566 later the same day at Highley.
Page uploaded 1/12/2019