Railways around Peterborough & The National Rail Network & Heritage railways in the UK
'Pelham Street Junction box'
( Lincoln signal boxes page 2 of 7 )
Pelham Street Junction signal box BR
Pelham Street Junction signal box in BR days
This signal box was called Pelham Street Junction and was built in 1874 by the Great Northern Railway.
This signal box Pelham Street Junction controled the Pelham Street Junction or Durham Ox Junction
together with High Street
, East Holmes
and West Holmes signal boxes were all closed when Lincoln station had a major resignalling and new track layout scheme during the years 2007 to 2008. These boxes were replaced by a new state of the art signalling centre near to West Holmes box.
Pelham Street Junction signal box was not a listed building, so was not;saved and closed in July 2008. It was then demolished in August 2008.
Cravens DMU next to the Pelham Street Junction signal box with a train to Doncaster.
Lincoln is the county town of Lincolnshire and was and still is the hub of the railways in this part of Lincolnshire.